One of the common question from people interested in Arduino or doing electronics with the Raspberry Pi is where do I get components.
Here is a few places that you can get your components. I will only cover local source, not sites outsite Malaysia, though they can be a good source.
- Jalan Pasar at Pudu. Not newbie friendly, but it is a go to place to get components, but no arduino and raspberry pi though. You need to do your research before getting stuff there.
- Cytron, their online store have a very good collection of item, from components, to tools to dev board like arduino, pic, and raspberry pi.
- MyDuino is a local store specialize with arduino and drone, they also sell 3d printers. These folks are very active in the local arduino community.
- Element14 is also a popular place for local enthusiast.
- RS Online is also another of the popular one.
- Community site such as the Arduino Malaysia Facebook group on facebook occasionally have members letting their stuff go, it worth checking it out.
I only been through cytron and Jalan Pasar personally, the rest just from my friend that also into electronics.
I hope the brief guide can be helpful