BarcampKL will be in 4th of April. Help us spread the message
The problem of being a person that “knows” computer, is that. People just expect you to just fix the computer.
It is a problem especially for Asian, because it is rude to say NO. If it is not bad enough:
- We might not have extra stuff, like keyboard, monitor, etc. We actually rely on google too, so we need the extra gears
- They just assume it is easy to us
- They just assume we have windows disk, which I don’t. Worst IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHARE.
How we can fix it.
- Force computer literacy to people. I hate to listen to people saying they don’t need to know. If they know the basic of fixing car, what stop them, from learning the basic of computer.
- Give open source software to people, until proprietary software is more stable, and more affordable. Then problem will happen.
- If they are going to send computer for us to fix. Bring the WHOLE THING. Stop just bringing just the casing minus the keyboard and stuff.
Just a thought, just a rant…
Barcampkl will be held 4th April, in Inti College in Subang Jaya.
Barcamp is a event where everybody share, and learn. It is an unconference, where, everything is adhoc. The participant, tends to be tech people, and entrepreneur, but previously in Barcamp JB, we have a number of non-tech and non entrepreneur topic, it is also not commercial.
What make barcamp different is, it is organize by volunteer, and topic is from volunteer. It is free. And everyone is a participant. This is not just a (un)conference, it is also a place to network with people. And you shall see, why we are all a fun loving people.
So if you want to learn, or have knowledge to share, come and enlighten us.
You will need:
1) A PC with
– Less than 256MB Ram
– Less than 20GB Ram
– Windows xp
– Not maintained properly
– with usb disabled
3) All sort of application that will be needed for work
4) A team that don’t always do maintanance for the machine.
1) Virus, or worms, trojan
2) Outlook client
What to do:
1) Just use the computer as is.
When you know it is ready:
1) You will run out of space. Windows xp, might not tell you that.
2) You cannot delete Email in Outlook, because it out of space, >.<||
3) The computer will slow down.
4) Antivirus will not run, because it run out of space, btw, with space full, there should not be new infection